Sparky is our dog. We started out thinking he was a cocker spaniel, but now we are pretty sure he has some Labrador Retriever in him. (We know this because he retrieved a labrador for us.)
He is an entertaining dog. He likes to go outside, but doesn't feel the NEED to GO outside. He LIKES to go upstairs. In the bathroom. Next to the toilet. I am not kidding. If we could only get him to lift up the lid...
His favorite thing in the world is eating (we hardly have to sweep). And chewing. But we got lucky with the chewing thing. He never chews on shoes or boots or toys or furniture. He chews on kleenex. (Sorry Michelle!) I don't mind. It's cheaper than the alternatives.
He loves to go on walks and rides. Walks are self-explanatory, but he seems to love to go on rides so that he can get air under his jowls. I'm not kidding; at about 30mph, his cheeks go airborne. He's a fast runner, but it's just not the same. I'm not sure, but I think he views the interior of the minivan as HIS TERRITORY. Whenever we drive near a person, he barks his "my turf" bark.
He views any acknowledgment of his presence to be an invitation to jump up on the bed or couch with you.
And he stretches like a cat, though he won't tolerate them in HIS yard.
He's an odd dog, but he fits right in at our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your dog sounds hilarious. Kleenex? Really? And I can just picture him in the car with the wind under his jowls.
Funny how dogs fit right in. Millie farts when she goes up the stairs at our house - a family trait.
Post a Comment