
Okay, you all know that I'm a geek. I revel in it. There are so many neat things out there to geek out about...comics, books, cars, sci-fi, fantasy, etc.
One of my oldest obsessions has to do with airplanes. I think I got my first model airplane around the time I was nine or ten, and I'm more in love with airplanes now than I've ever been. This is fairly incomprehensible to most people, as the public tends to think "If you've seen one airshow/museum/flight sim, you've seen them all". Even Becky gets exasperated with me sometimes, but mostly she tolerates my affliction.
Not surprisingly, I tend to gravitate towards people and events that feed this nonsense. There are (believe it or not) people out there whose obsessions are far deeper than mine. Here are a few:
John Altmann decided that someone should record the sounds of airplanes. So he did. He has used top-notch recording equipment to capture the sounds of some of the most captivating airplanes in existence. His website is here complete with lots of samples (turn up the volume!), and his blog is here.
For those of you who like video, youtube is okay, but the best stuff I've found is at Air Show Buzz
and ClipWings.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment