Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall

Fall is my favorite season of all. I love everything about it.

I love that the leaves change colors and a single leaf can be just as beautiful as a mountain side of fall leaves.

I love that the weather starts to cool off. I like it when the nights are cold and force you to cuddle up together. I love to start the furnace and except for that smell of burnt... "what is that smell", when you first turn it on I love the way it smells. I like to stand over the furnace on cold mornings and let the warm air blow up my pajama pants. I love cold weather clothing, from sweaters and jeans to sweats and/or flannel jammies.

I love that football starts and I love to hear the music from the pep band and the cheers from the high school when the game is in full swing. I love that it brings my kids and their dad and our extended family together to talk about football even when they are cheering for opposite teams. I love the promise of football playoffs at thanksgiving time as well as the promise of a coming basketball season.

I love fall food, soups, stews, chili etc. There is emotional satisfaction to be enjoyed from a hardy, steaming hot bowl of anything that can just not be had from a salad (and I don't care how good the salad tastes). I look forward to hot spiced cidar and carmel apples.

There is no better time of year to clean out a closet or start a good book or review your life and decide what should stay and what should go.

I LOVE FALL!!!!

No comments: