Friday, December 7, 2007

On the 12th Day of Christmas...

According to Aly, my true love gave me:

Six fleece a-slaying
Three Fresh Hens (or Presh Chins, depending on the verse)
Two Turbo Dubs
And a Partridge Ginger Pear Tree.

If your kids are under a certain age, you may want to dismiss them before reading the next part...




My kids are all truly different. When each of them "found out", they had vastly different responses.

Justine cried.
Michal shrugged and said "Oh, okay."
Nathaniel's eyes twinkled as he said "I've known since I was nine."

So much for breaking it to him gently.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Love Ally's version of the song. You should record that! Thanks for the info on how your kids reacted to the 411. It will help us when the time comes with our kiddos.

Anonymous said...

I was talking to another mom in my neighborhood about this very subject today. Apparently they used to have Santa come to their house about a week before Christmas to visit the kids.
She told me that when her (then) 5th grader found out, he was very very angry that he had been lied to over the years and said "Then who the hell's lap have I been sitting on all these years?"

I'm guessing that's how Alex will respond. Sarah will probably cry.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Brad! I look forward to meeting your family in the flesh. We will have to pool our resources and build one giant Lego Star Wars replica. Cheers!