Monday, January 21, 2008

Les Miz!


Michal was in Northridge High School's production of Les Miserables. It was an amazingly elaborate affair, complete with rotating stage. Michal was "miked" for the singing parts she had; she was cast as "Girl #4" and "Onlooker #4". The cast and crew have been working hard since last summer. They were required to read the full unabridged 1400+ page novel by Victor Hugo and attend several symposiums on the book. The practices were many, long and grueling for everyone involved (including the families of the students). The hard work paid off. Here are some pics:




See Michal in the center of the picture, looking like one of France's down-trodden masses? She did a great job, and we are very proud of her.

4 comments:

bsmith13 said...

From Mom (Claudia):

I want to add my unbiased 2 cents about the Les Mis production at Northridge. It was amazing and very well done. The voices of the actors were better than the national touring production at the Capitol Theater and the Pioneer Memorial production we saw also. It was impressive - and I'm not even going to say "for a high school production." It was just plain impressive."

Natalie said...

Wow! I am so sad we didn't get to see Michal in action. Looks like it was wonderful. Tell her we're proud of her.

Anonymous said...

Les Mis in one of my favorites. Books and musical productions. Sorry to have missed it.

Anonymous said...

When I taught at Springville Jr High the students did Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. Amazing! I am astounded at the talent of these people!! It sounds like everything was in place for Norhtridge to have a successful event. Can't wait to meet the fam in person.